The Elders are looking for a Social Media Officer to create high-quality, targeted and impactful content and campaigns across selected social media that reflect The Elders’ vision, mission and values.
The Social Media Officer will be responsible for managing The Elders’ Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube and other social platforms like Instagram, Vine and LinkedIn.
Reports to: Head of Digital Communications
Main duties and responsibilities
Content creation and management
- Take day-to-day responsibility for The Elders’ social media output ensuring coherence across all digital platforms;
- Collaborate on methodologies and strategies to increase The Elders’ audiences while maintaining quality;
- Be pro-active in developing and delivering intelligent, well-researched, audience–focused editorial content and social linking strategy (e.g. text, images, infographics and headlines), ensuring all content is accurate, up to date and effectively leveraged on all platforms;
- Develop dialogues and interactive formats to enhance the users’ experience;
- Develop and maintain key relationships with our partner organisations’ social media teams;
- Develop, maintain and disseminate digital best practice guidelines for social media platforms;
- Develop social media toolkits for our partners and users.
- Proactively identify innovative ways to increase audience of The Elders’ social media;
- Conduct weekly data analysis of social media performance and present evidence-based insights to team suggesting enhancements;
- Ensure that content informs, influences, and inspires;
- Assist in delivering new content and platform initiatives to further The Elders’ messaging;
- Further organisational objectives and support Elders’ activities and key events;
- Own the performance and analysis of The Elders’ social media activities;
- Work with team to improve linking and user journeys;
- In-depth knowledge of social media landscape and emerging platforms.
- Proven track-record of social media management and the creation of successful campaigns for either an NGO or brand;
- Demonstrable expertise in social media across all major social media platforms;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Understanding and empathy with the mission, vision and values of The Elders;
- Ability to deliver written materials for a variety of audiences to the highest standard;
- Knowledge of global media environment;
- Strong news sense and demonstrable knowledge of current international issues;
- Degree-level, or equivalent, qualification in international relations, communications or relevant field of study;
- Photo-editing skills desirable, including image manipulation, compressing. Also, will be required to source photos, archive, file;
- Knowledge of other language/s desirable;
- Team player, flexible and adaptable;
- Self-motivated, creative, able to take the initiative;
- Well organised, able to multi-task, work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Maturity, discretion;
- Sensitivity of different cultural contexts.
- In running a high-profile brand on social media;
- Working with a high-functioning integrated communications team;
- Some experience in writing for the web.
How to apply
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be a success within this role then please apply to Helen Shill at HShill@nakamalondon.com by Tuesday 31 March or call 0203 008 8265/07713 474 802 for further information.