We are offering a paid Communications Internship in The Elders’ busy London office, starting in July 2013. The internship will be for a period of up to six months and is an excellent opportunity for a talented graduate to be part of a highly motivated and professional team.
Applicants must be enthusiastic and well-organised. They should have experience in communications and external relations, a proven interest in international affairs as well as an affinity with the work of The Elders.
How to apply
Please send a brief CV and one-page cover letter by email explaining why you would like to be an intern with The Elders’ communications team and what you hope to achieve from the internship. Please send your application to jobs@theElders.org, stating 'Communications Intern' in the subject line.
Main areas of work
The Communications Intern has the opportunity to work and develop skills in the following areas:
- Media monitoring, filing and assisting with preparation of media reports;
- Contributing to communications strategies and projects around particular initiatives and events;
- Assisting with media contact list management;
- Monitoring, logging and responding to messages from supporters;
- Assisting with organisational support to the communications team;
- Desk research as required.
Qualifications and experience required
- Degree or experience in communications and external relations;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Accuracy and an eye for detail;
- Well-organised and efficient;
- Good team player; flexible and willing to learn new skills;
- Experience using Microsoft Office;
- Interest in international affairs, peace-building, human rights and/or development;
- Affinity with the Elders' mission.
- Information management experience;
- Social media experience;
- Second language.
Eligibility criteria and terms
- UK or EU university graduates and post-graduate students are welcome to apply;
- Non-EU candidates must present a visa that permits student placement;
- This internship is offered on a minimum 4 days per week basis;
- Remuneration is based on the national minimum wage and paid on a monthly basis;
- The Elders is an equal opportunities employer.
We regret that due to the large number of applications we expect to receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Closing date: 1700 BST, 27 May 2013