The Elders is seeking a Senior Policy Adviser to lead The Elder’s political advocacy on climate change. The post holder will deliver The Elders’ climate change work in line with the Foundation’s vision, mission and values. The post holder will be responsible for researching and pro-actively developing an advocacy work stream for The Elders that responds to their climate change positions, as well as conducting policy analysis to support climate related areas of work.
Candidates should have the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- At least 10 years’ experience in political advocacy; this political advocacy experience can be from fields outside climate change, but direct expertise in the climate change arena is required.
- An excellent understanding of international climate change policy and politics;
- Demonstrated senior-level policy experience on global climate change issues in international organisations, government, NGOs or development institutions;
- A track record of developing political advocacy strategy, implementing plans and activities, and achieving results on international policy initiatives;
- An excellent network of contacts and relationships with key players in the climate change arena;
- Strong diplomatic skills, political acumen and experience of analyzing complex global political situations and in collaborating with a range of organisations and high-profile individuals to develop and influence policy;
- Analytical and research strength including the ability to understand, interpret and present complex and sensitive information from a variety of sources;
- A flexible, collegiate style and willingness to work in a small, collaborative team;
- Excellent written and spoken English including demonstrated ability to write clear / concise briefing and documents for high-level audiences;
- Relevant graduate or postgraduate qualification;
- Fluency in French and other languages desirable
Click here to read the full job description.
Please send a CV and a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 explaining your motivation for applying and how you meet the Skills and Experience required for the post.
Send your application to Mark Hilton, Chief of Staff at The Elders (email@example.com) by close on 6 November 2017.
If you would like to discuss the role, please email Jenny Yates, Programme Director at The Elders: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must have permission to live and work in the UK to be considered for this position.