On 8 November, Ban Ki-moon and Gro Brundtland will #WalkTogether for Health for All at the historic Bellevue Hospital in New York City. Follow the event on Twitter from 16:30 EST.
On 8 November, The Elders will #WalkTogether for Health for All at the Historic Bellevue Hospital in New York.
Launching the next focus of the #WalkTogether campaign, Walk to Health, Ban Ki-moon and Gro Harlem Brundtland will be joined by New York State Senator Gustavo Rivera, Chair of the New York Assembly Committee on Health Richard Gottfried, CEO of Last Mile Health Raj Panjabi, and CEO of City Health Works Manmeet Kaur to highlight the wide-ranging social and economic benefits when citizens, governments and healthcare professionals work together to ensure health for all in every country.
This, the first of many planned #WalkTogether for Health events, will include:
- Ban Ki-moon opening by stating the case for UHC and the link to achieving the Health SDG globally
- US politicians discussing New York State’s journey towards UHC
- Civil society organisations discussing the role of community health workers in achieving UHC
- Bellevue Hospital: A spark of hope for public healthcare for over three hundred years
- Gro Brundtland closing remarks on how citizens, governments and the healthcare profession can #WalkTogether for UHC
Follow the event on Twitter from 16:30 EST on 8 November.