The Elders call for investment and support for climate vulnerable nations so that millions more women and girls in all their diversity can build resilience to climate and disaster risks, mitigate climate change, and address loss and damage.
The Elders call on governments to ensure that:
- the benefits of the green economy transition contribute to reducing the gender gap.
- climate losses are not disproportionately borne by women and girls.
Find out more about The Elders’ work on the climate crisis.
Learn more about The Elders' calls for leaders to:
- Increase the number of women in leadership positions in the justice sector
- Increase funding for legal empowerment and justice services that meet the needs of women
- Address justice for survivors of gender-based violence with renewed vigour
- Invest in quality data and analysis on women’s justice problems and experiences
- Invest in gender-just climate solutions
Find out more about The Elders’ work on Access to Justice