The Elders call on leaders to prioritise access to justice and gender equality
Justice is the thread that ties together the Sustainable Development Goals. Justice is both a right in itself and an enabler of all other rights. This is why, without justice for all, leaders cannot fulfill their SDG promises.
Ensuring access to justice must be a priority to achieve equality for women and girls everywhere.
The Elders call on leaders to prioritise access to justice and gender equality and for justice systems that are refocused on the needs of women and girls.
Learn more about The Elders' calls for leaders to:
- Increase the number of women in leadership positions in the justice sector
- Increase funding for legal empowerment and justice services that meet the needs of women
- Address justice for survivors of gender-based violence with renewed vigour
- Invest in quality data and analysis on women’s justice problems and experiences
- Invest in gender-just climate solutions
Find out more about The Elders' work on Access to Justice: